MUSTANG PROJECT

wpe1.jpg (44780 bytes) wpe2.jpg (15528 bytes)
Mustang Open Road Project CLICK ON PICTURES BELOW TO ENLARGE
For this Project we removed all items from vehicle interior.  We designed, fabricated and installed a safe roll cage with low side bars for ease of driver/passenger access.  The pictures show the tight fit up of the roll cage tubes, they follow the vehicles formation.   Our floor plates are reinforced from within for added safety and strength.   The tubes are triangulated and gussets are added for cage added strength. The roll cage is fabricated from 1020 dom tubing.

wpe3.jpg (43785 bytes)

wpe4.jpg (26748 bytes)

wpe5.jpg (28097 bytes)

wpe6.jpg (27912 bytes)

wpe7.jpg (33674 bytes)

wpe8.jpg (46867 bytes)

wpe9.jpg (212797 bytes)

wpeA.jpg (152172 bytes)

wpeB.jpg (154562 bytes)

wpe1.jpg (206414 bytes)

wpe2.jpg (121866 bytes)

wpe9.jpg (168791 bytes)

wpeA.jpg (125979 bytes)

wpeB.jpg (190493 bytes)

wpeC.jpg (164934 bytes)

wpeD.jpg (152745 bytes)

wpeE.jpg (145444 bytes)

wpeF.jpg (188343 bytes)
A rear firewall is designed, fabricated and installed with a lexan window. The rear of the vehicle a frame structure is fabricated for a platform for the dzus removable rear panel structure. We then fabricated mounts for the fire bottle, nos and battery. Mounts are fabricated for two coolers mounted on either side of firewall.Shrouds are fabricated for the coolers. Shrouds are fabricated for fans to get optimal cooling. Cooling vents are fabricated on top of shrouds/coolers. The two side windows are removed and replaced with lexan windows with naca ducts installed. Ducting is ran from naca to cooling vents.  The coolers and nos bottle are plumbed with braided lines and oil in-line filters,weld fittings to differential cover and add adapters to transmission, route hoses on underside of car to trans and diff, install heat shielding on trans lines that are near exhaust, fill trans and diff and perform a leak check. The fire bottle is relocated to rear of vehicle and the fire bottle cable is now longer and pull switch is accessible from dash. A hand held fire bottle is installed under the dash. Fabricated a battery mount and battery is wired.   click on pics to enlarge

wpe10.jpg (173176 bytes)

wpe11.jpg (181632 bytes)

wpe12.jpg (139812 bytes)

wpe13.jpg (151411 bytes)

wpe14.jpg (135692 bytes)

wpe15.jpg (163561 bytes)

wpe16.jpg (151813 bytes)

wpe17.jpg (132324 bytes)

wpe18.jpg (134596 bytes)

wpe19.jpg (123859 bytes)

wpe1A.jpg (105052 bytes)

wpe1B.jpg (184729 bytes)

wpe1C.jpg (155599 bytes)

wpe1D.jpg (151813 bytes)

wpe1E.jpg (151882 bytes)

wpe1F.jpg (208858 bytes)

wpe20.jpg (120665 bytes)

wpe21.jpg (119526 bytes)

wpe22.jpg (160439 bytes)

wpe24.jpg (164934 bytes)

wpe23.jpg (159090 bytes)

wpe25.jpg (190493 bytes)

wpe27.jpg (167719 bytes)

wpe26.jpg (154562 bytes)

wpe29.jpg (119526 bytes)

wpe2A.jpg (159090 bytes)

wpe2B.jpg (134865 bytes)

wpe2C.jpg (178387 bytes)

wpe2D.jpg (115311 bytes)

wpe2E.jpg (206414 bytes)

A quick release adapter is installed on steering,fabricated new dash with gauges, toggles, circuit breakers, switches installed and wired with cover bonnets fabricate to conceal back of gauges. New aluminum door panels are fabricated with locations for factory switches and handles, allowing for added for driver clearance, modified doors and door wiring to maintain electric door locks, electric window switches and handles.

wpe44.jpg (208858 bytes)

wpe43.jpg (177319 bytes)

wpe3F.jpg (38732 bytes)

wpe40.jpg (163970 bytes)

wpe41.jpg (190848 bytes)

wpe42.jpg (163825 bytes)

wpe45.jpg (194452 bytes)

wpe46.jpg (175887 bytes)

wpe47.jpg (220239 bytes)

wpe48.jpg (167885 bytes)

wpe49.jpg (101813 bytes)

wpe4A.jpg (137429 bytes)

wpe4B.jpg (28097 bytes)

wpe4D.jpg (140600 bytes)

wpe4C.jpg (121866 bytes)

wpe4E.jpg (27912 bytes)

wpe4F.jpg (152754 bytes)

wpe50.jpg (26604 bytes)

We then removed the rear wheels, rotors, etc., fabricated and installed eye of the rotor brake ducting, installed the brake ducting tubes.  We then removed the front wheels, rotors, brakes, etc, fabricated and installed eye of the rotor brake ducting, fabricated adapters and installed front duct hose.  We reassembled the vehicle.  A lot of weight was taken off this vehicle with the removal of interior items.

wpe51.jpg (127645 bytes)

wpe52.jpg (198567 bytes)

wpe53.jpg (166244 bytes)

wpe54.jpg (141638 bytes)

wpe55.jpg (205372 bytes)

wpe56.jpg (213935 bytes)

wpe57.jpg (179535 bytes)

wpe58.jpg (155725 bytes)

wpe59.jpg (190143 bytes)

wpe5A.jpg (245069 bytes)

wpe5C.jpg (158984 bytes)

wpe5D.jpg (137435 bytes)
wpe5E.jpg (188873 bytes) wpe5F.jpg (187280 bytes)

wpe60.jpg (169131 bytes)

wpe61.jpg (157664 bytes)

wpe62.jpg (144744 bytes)

wpe63.jpg (128972 bytes)

wpe64.jpg (150086 bytes)

wpe65.jpg (145144 bytes)

wpe66.jpg (139238 bytes)

wpe6A.jpg (9585 bytes)

NEW COAT OF PAINT

READY TO RACE THE

BIG BEND OPEN ROAD RACE

{ContactUs} {CustomHoses} {D-SportsRacer} {InstrumentPanels
{GT-1/Trans-Am/Grand-AmPrep2} {ItTakesADriver} {Links} {MiataRollCages}
{Mid-EngineChassis} {MovieCars} {OnTheTrack}
{Products} {Prices} {RacerMonthlySpecials} {MotorsportsFabricators}
{RollCages} {Services} {Terms} {BluePrints}

home_button.gif (4479 bytes)